In 2023, YouLend partnered with orderbird GmbH, a leading provider of POS solutions to the hospitality industry and part of Nexi Group, to launch a new financing solution for orderbird’s customer base in Germany.
- As a result, more than 15,000 orderbird customers were able to apply for funding ranging from €1,000 - €1 million for payments, inventory and staff scheduling for their restaurants
- orderbird was able to get their solution live in just a few weeks due to YouLend’s flexible tech-stack
“In our mission to reshape the hospitality industry with digital financial solutions, we’re committed to expanding orderbird’s product-offering. YouLend’s flexible financing solution integrated seamlessly into our platform and helped us empower restaurant businesses in Germany to grow.” - Christian Scheper-Stuke, Business Development at orderbird
Objective: Creating a competitive POS offering and improving customer experience
The hospitality sector is often the first to be affected by economic winds. orderbird wanted to protect their customers against these business challenges and empower them to effortlessly manage orders, payments, inventory, and staff scheduling in real time - without the stress of unexpected cash flow disruptions.
Revenue-based financing was the obvious solution, but this required solving several key issues in launching a new product:
- Creating a simple and easy application journey for their users
- Integrating financing systems with existing customer data from orders and payments
- Managing the compliance and risk side of funding to reduce unnecessary exposure for the business and ensuring the best financing options for customers
Solution: Launch of a flexible financing solution, powered by YouLend
orderbird chose to partner with YouLend, a leading global embedded financing platform, that could layer their market-leading financing infrastructure on top of Orderbird’s existing payments capabilities.
YouLend was already active in 11+ countries and has track-record of success in Germany. Key to the partnership was YouLend’s ability to offer a service at a level of speed and flexibility that suited the needs of orderbird’s customers, including same-day decisions and a focus on alternative credit metrics that take into account the complex nature of cash flow of restaurant businesses.
“We are proud to be serving orderbird customers with access to fast and affordable financing in Germany. Supporting small businesses is core to YouLend's mission, and our partnership can help restaurants stabilise their cash flow, freeing up time to focus on the challenges and opportunities ahead.” - Markus Anstots, Country Head Germany at YouLend
Results: Empowering 15,000+ restaurant businesses with access to capital
Today, orderbird can offer its network of 15,000+ customers a seamless, data-driven financing experience. With YouLend’s advanced underwriting models, businesses can access multiple funding offers with flexible repayment schedules, no matter the size of their business.
With full integration with orderbird’s platform and data, customers can secure funding in as little as 24 hours, fully white-labeled and integrated into a familiar ecosystem.
- orderbird customers report that YouLend’s funding has helped them manage short-term liquidity, as well as manage inventory according to demand, increase turnover and boost profitability
- Customers also appreciate the ability to browse offers and build their plans in real-time without fear of being tied into a particular deal
"YouLend's application process was incredibly quick and easy to understand. I received offers within 24 hours, and since then I have renewed for financing to help grow my business.” - orderbird Customer